Nicholas A. BlandaPartner
Nicholas A. Blanda represents clients throughout Louisiana, Texas and the Gulf Coast, specializing in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases arising from maritime/offshore accidents, trucking/18-wheeler accidents, automobile accidents, onshore/industrial accidents, products liability, and premises defect.
Mr. Blanda was born and raised in Lafayette, Louisiana. He is a graduate of St. Thomas More High School and Louisiana State University where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in History in 2000. Mr. Blanda attended Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he received a Juris Doctorate in 2004.
After graduating from law school, he was admitted to the Louisiana Bar in 2004 and accepted a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Richard T. Haik, Sr., former Chief Judge of the United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana. After finishing his federal clerkship, he joined the Anderson Law Office (now Anderson, Dozier, Blanda & Saltzman) in 2005.
An accomplished trial lawyer, Mr. Blanda is consistently recognized by his peers for his achievements, including:
- Rated "AV Preeminent" in the field of Personal Injury Litigation by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest possible peer review rating for legal ability and ethical standards.
- Recognized by Louisiana Super Lawyers in the field of personal injury litigation (2017-present)
- Recognized by Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in the field of personal injury litigation (2014-2016)
- Elected for inclusion in the National Trial Lawyers - Top 100, an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state in the nation who meet stringent qualifications based on case results and professionalism.
- Recognized by The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40, an exclusive designation for trial lawyers who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership.
- Top Lawyers in Acadiana - Admiralty & Maritime Law.
- Top Lawyers in Acadiana - Product Liability Litigation.
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum - Lifetime Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum - Lifetime Member
- America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
Mr. Blanda is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Louisiana Association of Justice, the American Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, Lafayette Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, Duhe Inn of Court and Tiger Athletic Foundation.
In his free time, Mr. Blanda enjoys fishing, hunting and LSU sports. He resides in Lafayette with his wife, Lauren Daigle Blanda, and their three children.
J.D., Loyola University School of Law, New Orleans, 2004
B.A., Louisiana State University, 2000
St. Thomas Moore High School
U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Louisiana Association of Justice
American Association of Justice
Louisiana State Bar Association
American Bar Association
Lafayette Parish Bar Association
Duhe Inn of Court
Tiger Athletic Foundation
- "AV" Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell Rating Service
- Rising Star in the field of personal injury litigation, Louisiana Super Lawyers (2014-present)
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 (2014-present)
- National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 (2012-present)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Lifetime Member)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Lifetime Member)
- Top Lawyers in Acadiana
- New v. Texas Petroleum Investment Company, 2019 WL 4858325 (E.D. La. 2019)
- Dauterive v. Guilbeau Marine Logistics, 2018 WL 3435422 (W.D. La. 2018)
- Dauterive v. Guilbeau Marine Logistics, 2018 WL 3414595 (W.D. La. 2018)
- Maillet v. Gulf Crane Services, Inc., et al, 2018 WL 1722969 (W.D. La. 2018)
- Louviere v. W&T Offshore, Inc., et al, 2018 WL 1566864 (W.D. La. 2018)
- Louviere v. W&T Offshore, Inc., et al, 2018 WL 1476242 (W.D. La. 2018)
- Maillet v. Gulf Crane Services, Inc., et al, 2018 WL 770825 (W.D. La. 2018)
- McBride, et al v. Estis Well Service, L.L.C., 853 F.3d 777 (5th Cir. 2017)
- McBride v. Estis Well Service, Inc., 768 F.3d 382, 384 (5th Cir. 2014) (en banc)
- Poirrier v. Baker Hughes, Inc. 2014 WL 2801328 (W.D. La. 2014)
- King v. Ink's of Concordia Street Inc., 2014 WL 1689932 (W.D. La. 2014)
- In re Flugence, 738 F.3d 126 (5th Cir. 11/22/2013)
- Flugence v. Axis Surplus Ins. Co., 2012 WL 6726692 (W.D. La. 2012)
- Thibeaux v. Merit Energy Co., LLC, 920 F. Supp. 2d 706 (W.D. La. 2013)
- Domingue v. Chevron U.S.A., Inc., 2012 WL 5996989 (W.D. La. 2012)
- Domingue v. Chevron U.S.A., Inc., 2012 WL 5996999 (W.D. La. 2012)
- Fruge v. Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P., 883 F.Supp.2d 692 (W.D. La. 2012)
- Domingue v. Chevron USA Inc., 2012 WL 3744669 (W.D. La. 2012)
- Cormier v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 2012 WL 394300 (W.D. La. 2012)
- Guidry v. Allstate Ins. Co., 11–517 (La. App. 3rd Cir. 12/21/11), 83 So.3d 91, writ denied, 12–225 (La. 3/30/12), 85 So.3d 121
- Mike Hooks, Inc. v. Eskridge, 2011 WL 888117 (W.D. La. 2011)
- Fruge v. Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P., 724 F.Supp.2d 631 (W.D. La. 2010)
- Landry v. Island Operating Co. Inc., 2009 WL 3241560 (W.D. La. 2009)
- Navarre v. Southwest Contractors, L.L.C., 2008 WL 4801717 (La. App. 3rd Cir., 11/5/08)