Gilbert Hennigan Dozier
Gil Dozier's practice areas include admiralty/maritime claims, Jones Act claims, commercial truck accidents, auto accidents, airplane crashes, wrongful death and survivor actions, defamation, sexual abuse, defective products, business and labor disputes, breach of contract, oil and gas disputes, and real estate.
Mr. Dozier was born in Baton Rouge, LA, and has maintained a private law practice since 1989. He obtained his Juris Doctor from Tulane University School of Law and his undergraduate degree from Louisiana State University. He is admitted to and has handled cases appearing in the Louisiana Supreme Court, the Appellate and District Courts of Louisiana, the United States District Court, the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
He is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, Louisiana Association for Justice, American Association for Justice, Federal Bar Association, Lafayette Bar Association, and National Diocesan Attorneys Association. He has also been a member of the American Inn of Court.
Mr. Dozier is an active civil litigator, representing both plaintiffs and defendants. Throughout his more than 25-year career, he has served as a business advisor and general counsel for institutional clients.
Mr. Dozier and his wife, Kelly, have four children. In addition to his law practice, he runs a commercial cattle ranch and a commercial hunting club, both near St. Francisville, LA. Mr. Dozier is an avid outdoorsman and conservationist, and a member of Ducks Unlimited, Louisiana Wildlife Federation, Coastal Conservation Association, and The Nature Conservancy. He is also a member of the Louisiana Cattlemen's Association. The Dozier family are members of Holy Cross Catholic Church.
- Tulane University School of Law (J.D. 1989)
- Louisiana State University (B.S. 1986)
- Robert E. Lee High School
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- Appellate and District Courts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- Federal Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Lafayette Bar Association
- American Inn of Court
- National Diocesan Attorneys Association
- Society of Roman Catholic Church v. Interstate Fire & Casualty Co., 93-4068, 26 F. 3d 1359 (5th Cir. 1994)
- Mitchell v. Limoges, 2005-832, 923 So. 2d 367 (La. App. 3rd Cir. 2000)
- Romero v. Thomson Newspapers, Inc., 94-1105, 648 So. 2d 866 (La. 1/17/95)
- Francois v. Progressive Security Ins. Co., 98-01420 So. 2d 970 (La. App. 3rd Cir. 3/3/99)
- Doe v. Roman Catholic Church, 94-1476, 656 So. 2d 5 (La. App. 3rd Cir. 5/3/95)
- Doe v. The Roman Catholic Diocese of Lafayette,2008WL5277639,2008-1088,(La. App. 1st Cir. 12/23/2008)